Tuesday, February 22, 2011

80's Themes are Fantastic!!!

This past weekend, my friend had a party at her house and we were SUPPOSED to watch, "The Breakfast Club", the classic 80's film, but alas, we did not and instead went to Perkins. But here's what I wore for the occasion:

It was too cold to wear a skirt and tights, and I was walking to my friend's house, so I channeled the 80's and not necessarily "The Breakfast Club". I'm wearing:
My mom's "Michael Jackson" jacket from the 80's, black skinny jeans from H&M, and my cowgirl boots. Inspiration comes from:






"The Breakfast Club" gang, Molly Ringwald, Michael Jackson in his famous red jacket, Marc Jacobs grunge for Perry Ellis 1992.

The other day, I was looking at my wall of pictures, and my collage from my planner cover a few years ago caught my eye. Thought it would be fun to put on the blog, since collages include a lot of cool pictures in one. Unfortunately, I was unable to flip the picture the right way..... But here it is anyways!


If you are a very determined person and flip your computer to the side in order to view the collage, you will be able to see Adam Ant, Aygness Deyn, Sasha Pivovarova and Dhani Harrison, Bjork, Chanel, The Strokes, and various other pictures. I'll post more covers later, but I still can't get over how bright and colorful this collage is. Whenever I would look at it, even on the worst days at school, it would cheer me up.

Next picture is of me, early in the morning at school drinking hot mango black tea from Caribou Coffee.

I'm wearing an H&M tweed coat, H&M pink scarf, my iPod headphones, and the headband was knitted by yours truly out of really fantastic yarn that is dyed pink, blue, and purple. It really helps to keep my ears warm in this cold, Minnesnowta weather.
Speaking of Minnesota, here's the link to a really awesome song by rap group Atmosphere called "Shh". Enjoy!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn6iU_c2cM0

No comments:

Post a Comment